Mid-week recap

The week started off pretty good with a rest day which gave me time to plan out the week and my travel to FL. 

Yesterday I got up early and did my FTP interval bike ride at 6am, and then right after work did my 35 minute steady state Z1 run at the gym, even though I was not feeling it when I left, I knew that I would feel better after doing the run.  I always do.  I have yet to feel worse after a workout.  Has anyone?

Today I got up and did my 45 minute run at the gym before work.  I am on my way to another 100% week.  Now that I know that I can do it, I want to keep doing it.  I have no real excuses this week to miss a workout, so my goal is to not miss a workout! 

This weekend I plan on getting in my bike ride and run first thing in the morning before heading out to the airport.  My flight leaves at nearly 4pm and I picked this as it allowed for me to still get in my bike.  With the weather being cooler now in South Florida, and a gym on site, I will be able to get in my run on Sunday while Mike is at work.  I have a triathlon bike and a pool and a treadmill / outside for running so I should be able to get in my workouts.  The only thing is that I may not be able to get in the exact workouts as I will be riding outside, and with stoplights/traffic no guarantees on perfect execution - so I will make do!

I also realized that last year I was getting major pains in my tushy - my Piriformus muscle was really acting up and that sort of snowballed into the maor issues I had all season.  I realized that it was because I was running on too large of an incline on the TM during the week and was not stretching the muscle out or giving it enough rest in between runs.  I am really working on PF stretches and my over-all stretching this season to help avoid the same fate as in 2013. 


Until next time,
Iron Seashell
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022: I Proudly Race with BASE Performance #whythisteam

What is the hardest part of Ironman? Reflecting back on journeys past and the friend who had the audacity to call me out on my fears.