The Iron Seashell has a (training) plan!

I am signed up to run the Detroit Marathon Relay with a team of awesome co-workers for my company this coming October.  I decided to take the longest leg which is 6.4 miles.  I decided this weekend to actually load up a training plan since the whole "by the seat of my pants" training has not been going so well.

As luck would have we we are exactly 2 months out from the race, so I am just in time with my plan!  I decided to pull a Hal Higdon plan for a 10k distance and start in on that.  I am not too proud of a person to admit that I will be starting at the Novice level once again because that is where I am at right now.  It has been too long to jump into anything more mileage intensive and I am motivated to  hit the pavement in the morning!

Goals for this week:


  • Tuesday 2.5 mile run, Cardio Blast class at LTF
  • Wednesday 30 minutes cross training
  • Thursday 2 mile run plus strength
  • Saturday 5k walk with my #LT90DayChallenge team
  • Sunday 3 mile run

Keep on moving forward!

 - The Iron Seashell




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022: I Proudly Race with BASE Performance #whythisteam

What is the hardest part of Ironman? Reflecting back on journeys past and the friend who had the audacity to call me out on my fears.